Saturday, November 03, 2007

My moms dog

My moms dog, Toby, is sick. He will be 14 on Jan 6th. So he is way old. He has been vomiting, bloody diarrhea and a fever. He has thyroid issus and is obese and has a hard time breathing as it is. I have a feeling my mom will have to put him down with this on set of severe symptoms. This will not be good for her. This will make her health go down hill fast. We were hoping toby would hold on untill "after". i hope he pulls threw what ever it is. My mom is to call when she comes home from the vets office.
He is a shitz su. (sp?)
* little update. Toby is at the vet for the next two days. He is dehydrated and his liver is enlarged (ASHLEY, POP QUIZ WHATS THE MEDICAL TERM FOR ENLARGED LIVER, LOL)!! The dr wants to do a liver biopsy, but my mom dont want to put him through that. there really is no reason to anyway. What are you going to do with the results once you get them?? nothing. He has had elevated liver enzymes for quit some time. Like 4 to 5 times higher than normal. They are going to run some labs on him and that all we know for now.
**Another update- ToeToe is at home. I spoke to my sister (Tina is visiting our mom) She dont know the info on Tobe but he is home so that'll make my mom happy. i'll talk to my mom tomorrow and see what was wrong with him
***Apparently it's all from his liver disease. Hes at home and he's back to his old senior self.

6 comments:

Ashley Marshall said...

hepatomegaly

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

*high five* :o)

Ashley Marshall said...

:0) Awesome!

MamaBear said...

You girls are killing me with your online pop quizzes ... Lisa, I just caught up on your most recent posts tonight and am so sorry to hear that things are not going well with your mom or her dog. Are you planning another trip to see her?

MamaBear said...

Hey, have you heard how Ashley's surgery went today? I have some goodies I want to take her but just realized I don't have her phone number or address ... could you email me her info (I had a hard drive crash and lost everything a couple of weeks ago ... uggghh)

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Im not planning another trip out there. We just can't do it (a drive and time off from work) and as lame as is sounds i can't get on a plane again. i have a huge horrible fear and that last flight only made it worse. My mom has plans to fly to NC to visit my brother for christmas so i really really hope she decides to come out here before then