Saturday, March 14, 2009

I don't agree, but I'm sure it will pass

That's all they need around here. I just saw this article for our area.

"Arkansas residents will be able to carry their handguns in holsters on their legs in public like the gunslingers of the old West if a bill filed by a Washington County lawmaker becomes law."

Sorry i'm not linking it. It talks about the town we are in :) The lawmaker they are talking about lives in our town, we know them and Code was in Boy Scouts with one of their kids. The guy who wrote the article goes to our church :)

M said his pastor alerted him about the restrictive gun laws in Arkansas, and M agreed to introduce the bill for Arkansas Carry, a lobbying group trying to get the law changed.


Tim Huett, the chairman and co-founder of Arkansas Carry... includes the following Bible verse from Luke 22:36 with a quote from Jesus Christ in the signature of his e-mail messages: "... and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."

A X-TOWN pastor disagrees that carrying guns is a good idea or divinely inspired. The Rev. G, pastor of XChurch, believes this is contrary to the love that Jesus talks about in the Bible and the phrase "fear not," which is mentioned 365 times, he said.

"It seems silly to me. That's not where I find my security," G said. "It's hard to imagine Jesus carrying a gun."

He also sees other problems.

"That doesn't sound like a real good thing on X Street after 2 a.m. in the morning."


BINGO!!! Rev. G!! and who would be responding to "shots fired on X St"???? ....... Ben would.

People around here cant even drink responsibly (Drive drunk like nothing!) and you want them walking around with guns on their hips.

Ben doesn't even carry his gun off duty. In LA yes, here no.

I promise this will be my only political post this year :)




Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you left out the link but included Fayetteville in the dialouge...plus a street name to which Ben would respond to in an emergency. I'm not trying to scare you. This is Judith. I read the blog everyday to see what the kiddos are up to, we miss seeing you all and this is the only way we have of knowing how you all are...please be careful. Because of the research I do, I could find your family very easily, all i have to do is whitepage first and last name arkansas....please be careful. we love and miss you guys..Judith

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

We miss you too. We really need to get together!!
I will go take those out :)
What are you doing up so late?!?!