Thursday, July 17, 2008

So sad

Today i was text back and forth with Ashley and all of a sudden she calls me and tells me that her parents house is on fire and shes on her way there. Ash and I live in the same town and her parents are the next town over and she could see the smoke from where we live. I was at my follow up surgery appt so i could see it.
What was scary was her parents were not home and they have dogs and cats that live inside. After my appt we go over there and 90% of the house was burned to the ground and the other 10% (the parents room) was standing but burned all through it. All the dogs got out through doggie doors and they found there cat covered in suet and the paws burned :(. He's at the vet and expected to recover. Thankfully their Macaw Pablo wasn't at home. Pablo would normally have been in the living room in his cage. Pablo is Ashleys dads baby. that would have been devastating to him.
Ashleys parents breed dogs and the newborn pups and mommas stay in a nursery off the parents room. Thankfully the wall to the parents room was brick and the fire was only just coming through the top part of the room. The nursery was fine and the firefighters rescued all the pups and mommas.
Ashleys Dad was a Chief of police when he retired and when we were at there house back when we got Swayze i was looking at his pics on his wall. lots of him and others in uniform. stuff he was so proud of. all gone. Ben said he saw him just holding his badge. :( Yes, they are all ok and thats the absolute most important thing but it doesnt change they lost everything. Things that you cant put a price on and you can't buy back. When you've lived somewhere for so long your life is in that house.
so sad.
Keep them in your prayers. They are in shock and they have a long road ahead of them.
ETA- It's being call a non human unknown accidental fire. leaning towards electrical. There was just nothing left of the side of the house it started on.

4 comments:

auntie Tina said...

Ashley, I'm thinking of you and your family. This is so sad.

Kim said...

Please let Ashley know that I'm keeping her parents in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Many hugs to them!

alisha said...

aww! Thinking of Ashyley's parents and all their animals!! Such a devastating blow in one's life...
:(

Patty said...

Oh my! I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers!