Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Old LASD paystub

I ran across one of Bens old LASD paycheck stubs. I was looking at it and it was about 2 weeks before we moved out her. So i compared his two week LASD check to his one month pay here. 5 years ago Ben made 1684.62 more in 2 weeks than he does a whole month here :(. that's 5 yrs ago PLUS he's a Sgt now. I won't even tell you what a 12 yr Deputy makes out in LA now. (He still talks to peeps out there) and of course a Sgt would make even more. I know, I know. Your thinking, houses, gas, food.... We bought our house out there before the crazy sky high prices. Things are a lot closer there. 5 minute walk to school, groceries etc.
Police Officers need to get paid better here!!!!! that's all i have to say. Gawllllll, i probably should have never found that paystub.
I love Ar, love my friends!!! love my house, love the kids school, love their Sunday school teachers, love my old pastor (we just got a new one and im trying to warm up to the change, really i am. He just has a totally different personality. Not as lively.) I love their school teachers ( i believe half of the school goes to our church, lol) it's just hard sometimes to see those number differences cause we sure could use that other money, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean, your house in AR didn't come with a money tree in the back yard??? :)

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

If it did a cow probably ate it like the day before we got here.