Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Mom

I would have called you today. It's Oct. 1st. 6 yrs ago you called me on Oct 1st and told me,"Only 18 more days" I didn't have a clue what you meant. So you told me only 18 more days until the baby is due. So every yr after Kaitlen was born (on Oct 18th :) I would call you on the first of Oct and ask you, "Do you remember what you said to me (1 yr, 2 yrs, 3yrs ect) ago? You never remembered, LOL. It wouldn't have been you if you had remembered. I'd tell you that you called and what you had said.

Mom, today i would have called you. I would get to hear your voice. One more "Hey Baby" I would have talked to you today. We would have laughed.

I love you mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh so hard because mom wouldn't have remembered.lol
Then i started crying.In 3 more days it will be 6 months mom has been gone.

MamaBear said...

What a precious memory. I'm with Jenn ... I hope our kids love us the way our moms were (and are) loved.

She was so blessed to have you for a daughter, Lisa.

MamaBear said...

What a precious memory. I'm with Jenn ... I hope our kids love us the way our moms were (and are) loved.

She was so blessed to have you for a daughter, Lisa.

MamaBear said...

Sorry ... I don't know why that posted twice.