Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas in Dixie

I was sewing Lily's dress last night and Thomas had put on country music in the kitchen and him and the kids went to watch TV. I was in the toy room where my sewing machine is. The radio started playing Christmas in Dixie by Alabama. I knew the song. I didn't know all the words but i knew the song. Like a familiar smell from your childhood but you just can't place it, but it's comforting. Made me think of my mom. I could just see her humming around the house especially the kitchen. Then it hit me its Christmas and moms not here. Our Georgia Peach, our hummingbird. not here. I sat and started crying. Thomas ended up walking through the room asking whats wrong and the others flocked followed. They were so good and Kaitlen sat in my lap and gave me a kiss and said," you know,sometimes moms die" so sincere. She made me smile. I went back to sewing and eventually back to singing along with the radio.



Photobucket