Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cody

"I just read possibly the most saddest part of the story. Old Dan dies from the cougar fight he had. He closed his gray eyes forever. At least he still has Little Ann."

He didn't cry but he was bummed. He said he would have never named one of the pups Dan if he had known that Old Dan was going to die in the story. He wondered if that is why our Dan died.

He just came to inform me smiling that he has 7 pages left to finish the story. Poor kid, little Ann is going to die and The Red Fern Grows......

He finished. His voice cracked for a second when he told me about Little Ann.

Then we talked about how today there was an article online about trying to change the laws with hunting with Hound Dogs.

I think I'll suggest James and The Giant Peach next. That's a good book too.

2 comments:

Ashley Marshall said...

Love the new header!
Poor Code :( I remember reading that book and watching the movie- I of course balled like baby!

The swaze pics and kitty pics are presh and kaitlens guilty party vote is HILARIOUS! :)

You need to come over and see some of my new stuff...asap! :)

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

I can't wait to come over!!!! How about Tues or Wed. I still need to take the kids bowling and I can come over afterward.